Wednesday, November 5, 2008

nate berkus's manhattan pad...




here is a perfect example of how small spaces can have a huge impact. w/ one day to find the right space, nate decided on this 550 sq ft pre-war apartment in the west village. he started w/ painting everything white- floors, walls, trim, and ceiling- creating a perfect palette for his collection of vintage and new furnishings. i love his eclectic style. but i think my favorite part in his apartment, are the ink blue doors and accents (this is a color that i think we are going to be seeing a lot of)... so enjoy!

7 comments:

paula said...

i love seeing his place. i love his chairs in both pics.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love his apt. I actually got to meet him once at a booking signing near my house. Totally adorable.

I love how glossy the the ink blue paint is.

I painted my bathroom in a high-gloss black a couple of months ago and I'm loving it!

megan @ a life's design said...

Oh, I love the ink blue, the desk, and the Bertoia chair.

ALL THE BEST said...

Love it!!!

Pencey said...

Shannon, I am so impressed by your site! Agnes just turned me onto it.

I love these doors too. Not only for their color, but what a great alternative to a linen press for hiding a t.v.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!

No.35style said...

Those doors are amazing! I am wanting to do black high gloss interior doors, but I may only ever get around to doing one.